Chics Take Flight 2013 will take place on August 10 at Innisfail Airport (10km west of Innisfail on Highway 54).
Meet and Greet Rosella Bjornson!
Rosella Bjornson, a Lethbridge native, was the first woman in North America to become a commercial airline pilot and the first Canadian woman to become Captain with a commercial airline. Because of her leadership and achievements, she has been recognized by many organizations, including:
- Certificate of Appreciation (for leadership), International Organization of Ninety-Nines
- Pioneering Award, Western Canada Aviation Museum
- National Award of Achievement, 1991 National Transportation Day
- Inducted into Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame
- Inducted into Women in Aviation Pioneer Hall of Fame
Please read more about Ms. Bjornson at the Canadian 99s website.
View static displays
Several aircraft will be parked for viewing and photography opportunities, including a Sky Wings Aviation Academy single-engine instructional plane, and the Vintage Wings of Canada Stearman biplane!
See skydiving equipment up close as Skydive Big Sky shows how to safely pack a parachute. Then look up… look way up… the skydiving operations are visible from our event grounds!
Visit vendor booths
Many aviation organizations will have displays on site, including:
- Alberta Aviation
- CASARA – Civil Air Search and Rescue Association
- Harvard Historical Aviation Society
- Pilots N Paws Canada animal rescue
- Sky Wings Aviation Academy Ltd
- Skydive Big Sky
- Vintage Wings of Canada
- Women in Aviation International
Win fabulous prizes!
Our wonderful sponsors have provided some terrific door prizes – too many to list! You can also enter to win the chance to ride in the co-pilot seat of Big Sky’s jump plane!